Thursday, December 22, 2011

Peter Jackson & Christopher Nolan delivered the best gifts of all

Like a kid on Christmas day I was excited beyond belief.

My early presents were here and I was excited to open them.

No, these aren’t your typical presents, ones that you wrap up and store under a tree.

These are different but just as special in more ways than I can possible express in these few lines of text.

Was it a new Android tablet or a brand new car?

No, it was the debut of the new The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit movie trailers.

It may seem silly to those around me but I generally get excited from watching the new trailers as they are released.

Blame it on the movie geek in me.

What really excites me about these two particular films is simple: Peter Jackson and Christopher Nolan.

For you that don’t know this, and there can’t be many of you, Peter Jackson launched the incredibly successful Lord of the Rings Trilogy a few years back.

Seeing those stories on screen was like geek-nirvana. Each one was better than the previous and left you wanting for more.

Now we have them. Jackson is going back to the beginning and releasing a prequel to the LoTR’s saga, The Hobbit.

It just makes me giddy thinking about it. I cannot wait until next Christmas! (which is when the film releases)

Plus it looks fantastic!

Then there is Christopher Nolan and his upcoming film, The Dark Knight Rises.

For those that don’t know it, I am an über-Batman nerd. I love all-things Batman.

When he first came to the big screen in the original Tim Burton sagas, I was underwhelmed. Burton seemed content to go with the campy side of the caped crusader, something I wasn’t excited about.

But it turned out okay in the end until Joel Schumacher took over.

But that is all history.

Then Christopher Nolan relaunched the Bat-Saga and fulfilled every dream I have had of Batman and his translation to the big screen.

Now Nolan concludes his saga with The Dark Knight Rises.

Though this makes me a little sad, I am excited to see what he has in store for his ending chapter in his beautifully done Bat-Trilogy.

Upon seeing the trailer I am beyond thrilled with how it looks and feels.

Oh, I have heard all the grumblings on Anne Hathaway and the Catwoman suit.

But c’mon don’t you remember the dreadful Halle Berry version. ANYTHING is an upgrade to that mess.

So with these two exciting gifts, my Christmas has started off with a bang.

In closing, Merry Christmas. I hope that everybody out there is safe, happy, and gets everything their hearts desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment